Thursday, 8 July 2010

The Pomodoro Technique

For the past 6 or so months I've been using a time management technique which has improved my productivity by an estimated 9.73%.

It is, gloriously, centred around an old fashioned kitchen timer in the shape of a tomato. All hail, mighty pomodoro!


The technique is complicated so do try and keep up:
1. Twist the timer to 25 minutes.
2. Work, with complete focus, on a single project for the whole of that time eschewing all distractions.
3. Errr...that's it. Stop after 25 minutes and have a break.

I now allocate weekly tasks with a projected number of pomodoros each. I could go on about this, but I won't because I can see you aren't taking this entirely seriously.

http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/
.

5 comments:

育隆 said...

安一估~你也安一估哦~............................................................

Rachel said...

Rob, that is a great idea! And the comical timer will help me to remember it - thank you
Rachel

宥妃宥妃 said...

"Very interesting post!!!!Thanks for the information!!!!!!!..................................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

留言是種美德-感謝分享..................................................................

Amanda McLaughlin said...

I am seriously going to try this, it's exactly what I need.