Saturday, 8 August 2009

What songs help through a career change?

In the quest to make our career change services ever more engaging, we've been thinking about music, and the role it can play in helping inspire people and drive them on.

Two of the most useful emotions or attitudes that I exprienced during my career change were defiance – for those long days when things get tough – and inspiration for those days where I was in the zone and just wanted to ride the crest of the wave.

These are some of the songs that helped me, but what would you add?

Defiance
This Year by the Mountain Goats
Stronger by Tom Baxter
Stronger by Kanye West
Grace Under Ppressure by Elbow
My Way by Frank Sinatra
The Impossible Dream by Andy Williams
The Only Road I know by Keane
Against the Wind by Bob Seger
Hast Though Considered the Tetrapod? by the Mountain Goats

Inspiration
One Day Like This by Elbow
Ain’t Got no...I Got Life by Nina Simone
Don't Stop me Now by Queen
Empty Cans by The Streets
Amazing Grace by the Royal Scots Dragoon
Daydream Believer by the Monkees

No comments: